While you are not assigned to a contract or hired for a full-time opportunity, you can choose to learn online and do passion projects to grow your skills.
Instructions are here: bit.ly/2R9vMgx.
Learning Material can be found here: github.com/gobid/knowledge-map-cheatsheets, but you have to pick and choose what is relevant to your self-directed project-based learning goals.
- [$40] If you've learned something recently, you can do Github + Blog Projects and get paid 40 USD for each skill you learn and project you demo: http://bit.ly/2R9vMgx
- This is what we mean by lifelong learning. Embrace this opportunity to get paid for doing passion projects and learn new skills.
Other interesting links:
- Data Visualization for learning D3 and Data Visualizations: https://vizhub.com/ and https://datavis.tech/datavis-2020/
Instructions for Django Installation
- Make sure Python, pip and virtualenv are installed. See ** below.
- All commands are executed as yourself, except for those where 'sudo' is mentioned.
- mkdir ~/Desktop/djangotutorial && cd ~/Desktop/djangotutorial
- virtualenv venv
- . venv/bin/activate
- pip install django==1.8
- pip freeze > requirements.txt
- whenever working make sure (venv) appears before the command prompt by doing the following if necessary: ~/Desktop/djangotutorial/venv/bin/activate
**Prerequisites for django installation
Verify Python version with the following command.
If pip is not installed, use following command:
sudo easy_install pip
Note: Make sure you have sudo permissions. One way to get that is to obtain Administrative privileges for your MAC.
Verify pip version with command:
Note: Make sure you have pip 1.3 or later.
To install virtualenv, refer https://virtualenv.pypa.io/en/stable/installation/
Get virtualenv-15.1.0.tar.gz using one of the following ways:
curl -O https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/v/virtualenv/virtualenv-15.1.0.tar.gz
Download virtualenv-15.1.0.tar.gz from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv#downloads
tar xvfz virtualenv-15.1.0.tar.gz
sudo python setup.py install